The Cryo Tunnel - ZR2 is a compact in-line cryogenic tunnel that is designed to individually quick freeze (IQF) small, uniformly-sized food products in a rotating perforated drum using liquid nitrogen or carbon dioxide. The ZR2 provides a faster freezing time and better cryogen efficiency as compared to other types of IQF freezers.
It is ideal for those processors that need increased productivity, improved clean-ability plus ease of operation and maintenance with a minimal capital investment and installation cost.
What is IQF freezing ?
IQF (Individually Quick Frozen) freezing is used to continuously crust and freeze small fragile products or individual products with various applications:
- Freezing products before coating
- Freezing/chilling products before more elaborate manufacturing (e.g. fruits before inserting them into yogurt)
- Crust products before dosing or freezing
- Increase your production capacity, upstream of mechanical freezing
- Prepare a smooth and clean surface before deep freezing
- Freeze liquid or semi-liquid products