Technologies and know-how to ensure a safe, optimised and customisable inerting solution
Guaranteed safety against the risk of explosionNitrogen breaks the “fire triangle”. When storing flammable products, the risk of explosion appears as soon as the three elements are met: fuel, oxidiser (oxygen in the air) and a source of ignition. Avoid risk of explosion by removing oxygen content in the atmosphere.
Quality assuredNitrogen protects products: pure, clean, perfectly dry and inert, Nitrogen protects a stored product and reduces any deterioration. In the absence of oxygen and humidity, the product is neither oxidized nor chemically altered; the powders do not agglomerate and the installations do not corrode.
Optimised inertingContinuous atmosphere regulation and control equipment developed by Air Liquide ensures automatic and permanent protection of installations and products. They maintain and precisely control a slight overpressure of nitrogen as well as the oxygen content in the installation atmosphere. They manage the injection of Nitrogen even in the event of a strong variation in flow.
The Air Liquide inerting solution for air and humidity sensitive products.
Examples of inerting gases
Inerting gases are intended for all stages of the production and transport of flammable or oxygen-sensitive products. Chemicals, fuels, cosmetic ingredients, food, medicines...: inerting takes place from the storage of raw materials to the packaging of the final product.
Most often, inerting with nitrogen (N2) proves to be the best choice among neutral gases to reduce the oxygen concentration or replace the air in contact with your products.
An optimised introduction of neutral and inert gases requires expertise in the purge and sweeping techniques offered by Air Liquide.
Supply of storage tank inerting systems
Protection under inert gas can be achieved by different techniques : purging by displacement, purging by dilution, compression and expansion cycles, compression and expansion cycles and vacuuming, or continuous inerting.
Air Liquide designs reliable and easy-to-implement systems to maintain effective inerting:
- Composed of a control box, a pressure sensor, a gas injection line in the tank and a vent valve on the tank
- Integrating both purge and sweep stages.
Simple and customisable implementation
Inerting systems are customisable to all types of tanks and containers. The solutions used meet the technical requirements of the enclosures to be protected.
Air Liquide engineers study with you any nitrogen inerting project for the reactive atmospheres of tanks, reactors, centrifuges, etc.:
- Quality inerting with protective gases for products sensitive to oxygen or humidity,
- Or safety inerting with a protective gas for installations presenting risks of fire and explosion
Our services include:
- Expertise of your production line from the storage of raw materials to the final packaging by following the intermediate operations (chemical reaction, cryogenic grinding, spheronization, encapsulation, passage in lyophilizer, bottling, blister, etc.).
- Complete study based on your specifications and definition of the inert gas needs adapted to your installations, in terms of type of inerting.
- Supervision of sizing, installation and commissioning of equipment in accordance with local regulations
- Help with risk analysis related to the use of inert gases, anoxia prevention, maintenance and control of the inerting system, implementation of safety measures, etc.